Lithium-ion batteries are causing problems again, this time in vape pens and electronic cigarettes. There were 25 cases of e-cigs and vaping pens exploding between 2009 and 2014, but these were only the ones reported by the media. A few weeks ago, one of thee devices caught fire in a teen’s pocket causing severe burns. Not long before that a 15-year-old boy lost half a dozen teeth in an e-cig explosion. The problem is in the lithium-ion batteries, which often have problems in cheap consumer products. Last year the batteries failed in hover boards, which caused them to set fire and explode. The Food And Drug Administration is poised to announce regulation on these products similar to how tobacco is regulated. The Smoke-Free Alternative Trade Association says it supports “reasonable science-based regulations,” but that it will not support over-regulation.